A four-season resort in the heart of the White Mountains.
Waterville Valley, New Hampshire, a resort town surrounded by high mountains on three sides, sits at the end of a long road that winds its way through the White Mountain National Forest. Its isolated location makes Waterville Valley a playground for people who love the outdoors, but don’t want to deal with traffic or sprawl. Indeed, the town is mostly walkable, and the sound of hustle and bustle is blissfully missing here.
During the winter, Waterville Valley attracts people who like to ski, snowboard, snowshoe, and ice skate. Spring and summer bring hikers and bikers to the extensive network of trails in the surrounding mountains. And during the fall, travelers from around the country come to Waterville Valley to sample the incredible foliage. No matter what the season, Waterville Valley has something to offer for everyone.
FAST FACTS FOR WATERVILLE VALLEY, NEW HAMPSHIRE:
- Population (2000 census): 257
- Elevation: 1,500 feet
- Area Code: 603
- ZIP Code: 03215
- Distance from Boston: 125 miles
- Location: Map of Waterville Valley, NH
THINGS TO SEE AND DO AROUND WATERVILLE VALLEY:
- Snowy Owl Inn–The Snowy Owl is an outstanding country inn right in the heart of the village. If you like jacuzzis, comfortable rooms, and crackling fires, this may be the place to stay in Waterville.
- Waterville Valley Golf Club–Within walking distance of most everything in Waterville Valley, this golf course is set in a spectacular area with mountain views that may just distract you from your game every now and then.
- White Mountain National Forest–Waterville Valley is literally surrounded by the White Mountain National Forest, a huge wilderness area with mountains, rivers, ponds, and hiking trails.
- Waterville Valley Nordic Center–The Nordic Center at Waterville Valley is one of the most popular cross-country ski areas in the United States. Miles of trails await both skiers and snowshoers, with the trails starting right in the town center.
- Waterville Valley Ski Area–Downhill skiing and snowboarding are the name of the game at this ski area, located minutes from the center of town. Waterville Valley is a family-friendly mountain with many easy trails, but there are some good steeps for experts, too.